Start a new topic
Implemented

Deduplicate incoming Leads against existing Leads AND Contacts when using Importr

When using Importr to batch import Leads, it would be great if I could see matches across both Lead and Contact records and then select how to resolve these all in one process.

Example: We run a webinar that has 100 attendees that participated through a 3rd party webinar service like GoToWebinar.  We export the list of attendees from that system to CSV.  We want to import them into Salesforce to associate these attendees with a Salesforce Campaign.  It's likely that the list of attendees includes: New Leads we want to create, existing Contacts, and existing Leads.  I'd like to be able to import this CSV through one process, not having to perform 2 imports: 1 for Leads, then another for Contacts, trying to then keep track of which entries were successfully imported as Leads.

1 person likes this idea

Alex,

Thank you for suggestion. When you import CSV to Leads you can then download the unmatched records and then import them to Contacts. Would that work?

Hi Alex,

I am glad to let you know that we've implemented your suggestion and you can now compare Leads to both Leads and Contacts at the same time.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment