The Rule Editor contains a Preview section which displays the results of your rule using sample data.
Note: A flag next to the Rule Preview label will automatically display the validity of the current rule.
Occasionally you will find that the auto-generated sample data does not sufficiently test your rule. In this case, you may
change the values by pressing the Edit button. You have several options to change these values:
- Change auto-generated values - Each cell will contain two icons to refresh or completely remove the value in that cell. Pressing the double arrow icon will generate a new random value. The X icon will remove the value completely. Good to know: The Remove icon will be grayed out in cells where empty fields are not permitted.
- Load values from your Salesforce Data - if you would rather load actual data from your Salesforce org you have several options to do that from the top row in the preview.
- You can have the application randomly select all records from Salesforce using the double arrow icon on the left side.
- You can randomly select individual records from Salesforce using the double arrow icon inside each row.
- You can select specific records from Salesforce by using the Search Salesforce field inside each row. Good to know: You can search the records using any field including the record id.
Once you are satisfied with the sample data, press the Run button to preview the rule.